How Is Childhood Obesity Being Managed Today?
Childhood obesity is no longer confined to developed nations. This serious pediatric health issue is now a global epidemic. Battling childhood obesity isn’t as simple as encourage kids to choose healthier snacks and swap video games for outside play. This video explores how a multidisciplinary approach can help make real change possible.
Obesity isn’t just caused by poor food choices and sedentary lifestyles. Many economic, cultural, and physiological factors are also at play. A systems science approach that integrates research into all of these influences and makes partners of hospitals, policy makers, and empowered patients, may be the best chance of overcoming childhood obesity.
At Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our Thousand Oaks communities through conscientious care and patient education. From our ER to our cardiology hospital and pediatric specialists , find out how we can help your entire family achieve good health by calling (805) 497-2727.
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Names Natalie Mussi as New President and Chief Executive Officer
- Heart Center | Cardiovascular Care at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- The Importance of Newborn Screening Tests
- The American Diabetes Association Has Some Healthy Holiday Suggestions
- Los Robles Hospital Named Best Hospital for Stroke Care!