Hand Washing Tips to Help You Avoid Illness This Winter
If you want to avoid illness this winter, make hand washing a priority. By washing your hands, you clean away germs that can make you sick and that you could spread on to other people. How and when you wash your hands also makes a big difference in maintaining good health. Here is what you need to know.
You should wash your hands before and after making food, before eating, after using the bathroom, and after blowing your nose. You should also wash up after interacting with someone who is sick. To wash your hands thoroughly, wet your hands with water, apply soap, lather and scrub for at least 20 seconds, and then rinse and dry your hands.
Talk to your doctor at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center for more advice on things you can do to prevent illness. When health problems do strike, our Thousand Oaks hospital is here with comprehensive care, including an ER. For more information, call our hospital at (805) 497-2727.
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Names Natalie Mussi as New President and Chief Executive Officer
- Heart Center | Cardiovascular Care at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- Get a Look at the Facilities at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- Understanding why kids may be sent to PICU
- Los Robles Hospital Completes Purchase of Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital