What to Expect During a Bone Scan
Has your doctor recommended that you undergo a bone scan? This convenient, safe, and effective diagnostic procedure can quickly alert your physician to any skeletal problems that may indicate osteoporosis. For individuals with osteoporosis, getting a bone scan can prove critical to addressing bone density issues before a debilitating bone break occurs.
A bone scan practitioner can complete your procedure in just a few minutes. As the device evaluates bone mass in certain regions of the body, you can lie comfortably on the imaging table. So that the data collected from your procedure is accurate, you may be asked to lie still for the duration of the bone scan. However, as many patients can attest, the test is painless and swift, letting you return to your everyday activities immediately after it is done.
Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center can address additional questions or concerns that you may have about your upcoming bone scan procedure. Call our Thousand Oaks hospital at (805) 497-2727 to speak with one of our representatives. You can also go to our website for more information on our diagnostic services.
- When do you need to go to the ER for food poisoning?
- ER Wait Times – Know Before You Go
- Heart Attack Symptoms that Aren’t Chest Pain
- Foregut Problems? Attend a FREE Community Health Education Seminar – Thursday Oct. 20, 2011 from 9am – 10am
- What Is the Gamma Knife and When Is It Used for Neurological Care?