What Happens During a Heart Attack?
A heart attack is the result of an artery clog that can occur for a number of different reasons. When a heart attack occurs, the blood flow is completely disrupted to one area of the heart. If blood cannot enter the heart, the tissue begins to die. Therefore, it is important to seek heart attack treatment right away if any symptoms are observed. The sooner treatment is applied, the less muscle tissue damage occurs. This increases the chances of survival and creates better opportunities for a successful recovery.
When you notice signs such as chest pain, shortness of breath, and discomfort in the upper body, you should call 9-1-1 right away. If you receive your care at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center, you will have access to the most advanced technologies for cardiac care as well as excellent cardiac rehab services to help get you back on your feet. You can explore more of what Los Robles Hospital has to offer on our website or at (805) 497-2727.
- When do you need to go to the ER for food poisoning?
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Names Natalie Mussi as New President and Chief Executive Officer
- ER Wait Times – Know Before You Go
- Following Up with Your Child’s Pediatrician After an ER Visit
- Los Robles Hospital Completes Purchase of Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital