Healthy Fiber Sources for Your Heart
If you are looking for an easy way to make your diet a little healthier, you might focus on adding more fiber to your meals. There are different types of fiber that you need to stay healthy and stay full for longer periods.
As you can see in this video, fiber rich foods take longer to digest, and they use more energy in the process. These foods are favorable over simple sugars and white bread, which can cause spikes in your blood sugar as they move through the body quickly. Foods that are richest in soluble fiber include fruits, whole grain cereals, and beans.
For support as you make your heart healthy lifestyle changes, consult Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center in Thousand Oaks. You can learn more by visiting us online or by calling our Consult-A-Nurse healthcare referral line at (805) 497-2727.
- When do you need to go to the ER for food poisoning?
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Names Natalie Mussi as New President and Chief Executive Officer
- ER Wait Times – Know Before You Go
- Following Up with Your Child’s Pediatrician After an ER Visit
- Los Robles Hospital Completes Purchase of Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital