Healthy Ways to Lose Weight in the New Year
Americans are thinking about their New Year’s resolutions as 2014 is here. For many, losing weight sits at the top of the list of resolutions—however, losing weight is much easier said than done.
To successfully lose weight in the new year, it’s important to set achievable goals. For example, you might tell yourself that you’re going to lose five pounds a month. When it comes to losing weight , you should be prepared to work hard; there aren’t any miracle treatments that will help you lose weight without regular exercise and a healthy diet. Doctors recommend getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, five days a week. Instead of eating fatty foods, consider incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet. You might also switch out red meats for fish and other lean, healthy sources of protein.
The medical professionals at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center are standing by to help you achieve your weight loss goals for the new year. Call (805) 497-2727 to learn more about our hospital and the services we provide.
- When do you need to go to the ER for food poisoning?
- Join Speech Pathologists Carole Superfine M.A., C.C.C. and Jeanette Nagai M.A., C.C.C., at “Chemo Brain” on April 24!
- Following Up with Your Child’s Pediatrician After an ER Visit
- ER Wait Times – Know Before You Go
- Everything You Need to Know About Blood Donation