Healthy Ways to Lose Weight in the New Year
Americans are thinking about their New Year’s resolutions as 2014 is here. For many, losing weight sits at the top of the list of resolutions—however, losing weight is much easier said than done.
To successfully lose weight in the new year, it’s important to set achievable goals. For example, you might tell yourself that you’re going to lose five pounds a month. When it comes to losing weight , you should be prepared to work hard; there aren’t any miracle treatments that will help you lose weight without regular exercise and a healthy diet. Doctors recommend getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, five days a week. Instead of eating fatty foods, consider incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet. You might also switch out red meats for fish and other lean, healthy sources of protein.
The medical professionals at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center are standing by to help you achieve your weight loss goals for the new year. Call (805) 497-2727 to learn more about our hospital and the services we provide.
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Names Natalie Mussi as New President and Chief Executive Officer
- Heart Center | Cardiovascular Care at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- Get a Look at the Facilities at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- Understanding why kids may be sent to PICU
- Los Robles Hospital Completes Purchase of Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital