Learn More About Staying Healthy
You can learn more about robotic surgical systems, the benefits of cardiac rehabilitation, and more by visiting the helpful resources below. If you have any questions or if you’re in need of physician referral, contact Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center’s Consult-A-Nurse service at (805) 497-2727.
- Knowing the symptoms of an emergency medical event can help you to seek treatment as soon as possible. This article found on the American Heart Association website provides more information about the warning signs of a heart attack.
- Stroke is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. Learn to recognize the symptoms by visiting the National Stroke Association website.
- The daVinci® Robotic Surgical System has revolutionized many surgical procedures. Read more about this amazing technology from DaVinciSurgery.com.
- You can also read about the benefits of robot-assisted surgery from the Brown University website.
- Are you getting the nutrition you need to maintain good health? Nutrition.gov breaks down the major dietary guidelines for adults and children and provides some simple steps for healthier eating .
- Hands-only CPR is a lifesaving action. You can learn more about the correct procedure and view tutorial videos on the American Heart Association website.
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists website answers many frequently asked questions regarding nutrition and health during pregnancy.
- There has been a steady increase of cesarean births in recent years. You can read more about the common reasons for cesarean births on the American Pregnancy Association website.
- Cardiac rehabilitation increases cardiovascular strength and lowers the risk of future cardiac events. Visit the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute website to learn more about the benefits of cardiac rehab.
- Do you know your risk for cardiovascular diseases, such as coronary heart disease, heart attack, and arrhythmias? You can find out more about your possible risk factors from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention .