ER Wait Times – Know Before You Go
Did you know that the national average wait time to receive medical care when you visit an emergency room is currently over one hour? Here at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center, we strive to beat the national average, providing immediate care services to all of our patients in record time.
Our ER wait times represent the time it takes for you to see a qualified medical professional, including Doctors of Medicine (MD), Doctors of Osteopathy (DO), Physicians Assistants (PA) and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNP). As soon as our patients are triaged upon arrival, they are seen by one of these quality medical professionals in priority order based on the reason for the visit and chief presenting complaints. We also strive to make urgent care service easier to obtain by offering emergency room wait times online and through ER wait time text messaging. The ER wait times at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center represent a four-hour rolling average that is updated every 30 minutes.
The best way to determine if you require immediate or urgent care services with our hospital is to understand what constitutes a medical emergency. Some of the symptoms that designate a medical emergency include:
- Severe lacerations or puncture wounds
- Sudden dizziness or vertigo
- Extreme nausea with or without vomiting
- Uncontrolled vomiting or diarrhea
- Injuries to the head, neck, or spine
- Abdominal pain
- Chest pain or tightness that exceeds two minutes
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Changes in vision, speech, or other signs of stroke
You shouldn’t have to wait to receive the immediate medical care you need during an emergency—and at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center , you don’t have to. You can text “ER” to 23000 to gain access to our ER wait times; however, if you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. For more information about our urgent care services in Thousand Oaks, visit our website or contact us at (805) 497-2727.
- When do you need to go to the ER for food poisoning?
- ER Wait Times – Know Before You Go
- Do you need to be screened for colorectal cancer?
- Join Speech Pathologists Carole Superfine M.A., C.C.C. and Jeanette Nagai M.A., C.C.C., at “Chemo Brain” on April 24!
- Is a Trampoline a Good Idea for Your Backyard?