Managing Your Blood Pressure
With around one in three adults suffering from high blood pressure , it is important to be aware of your blood pressure numbers and keep them in the excellent range. In this video, the American Heart Association provides several tips on how to manage your blood pressure .
When blood pressure rates are high, the blood running through the arteries flows with too much force and puts pressure on the arteries, causing microscopic tears. These tears form scar tissue, which traps plaque and white blood cells and can form into blockages and blood clots. This means that less blood gets to the vital organs. And without blood, the tissue dies, leading to stroke, kidney failure, and other major illnesses.
If you are looking for a heart or cardiology hospital in the Thousand Oaks area, then contact Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center . (805) 497-2727
- When do you need to go to the ER for food poisoning?
- Join Speech Pathologists Carole Superfine M.A., C.C.C. and Jeanette Nagai M.A., C.C.C., at “Chemo Brain” on April 24!
- Following Up with Your Child’s Pediatrician After an ER Visit
- ER Wait Times – Know Before You Go
- Everything You Need to Know About Blood Donation