Managing Your Blood Pressure
With around one in three adults suffering from high blood pressure , it is important to be aware of your blood pressure numbers and keep them in the excellent range. In this video, the American Heart Association provides several tips on how to manage your blood pressure .
When blood pressure rates are high, the blood running through the arteries flows with too much force and puts pressure on the arteries, causing microscopic tears. These tears form scar tissue, which traps plaque and white blood cells and can form into blockages and blood clots. This means that less blood gets to the vital organs. And without blood, the tissue dies, leading to stroke, kidney failure, and other major illnesses.
If you are looking for a heart or cardiology hospital in the Thousand Oaks area, then contact Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center . (805) 497-2727
- Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center Names Natalie Mussi as New President and Chief Executive Officer
- Heart Center | Cardiovascular Care at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- Get a Look at the Facilities at Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center
- Understanding why kids may be sent to PICU
- Los Robles Hospital Completes Purchase of Thousand Oaks Surgical Hospital